Green purchasing, also known as sustainable acquisition, helps to reduce adverse impacts to the environment, conserve energy and other natural resources, improve public health and safety, and create new markets and jobs. VA promotes the Federal Green Purchasing Program, which includes the acquisition of:
The VA Green Purchasing Program Directive and Handbook 0058 together constitute VA’s Green Purchasing Program (GPP) and explain the principles, policies, procedures, and other key elements necessary to facilitate the continual improvement of VA’s GPP.
Information/links regarding green purchasing laws, regulations and executive orders can be found on our Green Purchasing Mandates subpage. Other useful links related to green purchasing can be found in the sections below.
Helpful Green Purchasing Resources
- VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics has also gathered a selection of resources for green purchasing
- Green Procurement Compilation
- FedCenter.gov Acquisitions/Buying Green
- EPA Sustainable Marketplace: Greener Products and Services
- Practice Greenhealth
- EPA Buying Green Online: Greening Government E-Procurement of Office Supplies
- VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics — Resource Library
Sources of Supply